Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project Euler - An Ideal place to enhance your analytical skills

Think about this, you are in love with analytical problems and you are a software guy and you always feel comfortable when it comes to mathematics. One day you found a website where you have mathematical analytical puzzles and you are expected to solve them using your favorite software tool. Things cannot be better than this. Is in it? I just had the same feeling the moment I came to know the website “Project Euler” through few “siragu muzhaitha paravaigal” (colleagues who put their papers) having quality time with this website

This site completely swept my attention towards it from the moment I saw it. Being a mathematician by nature and software guy by profession, I could not restrict me from solving the puzzles despite a full packed busy schedule.

The objective is simple. Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical problems. You need to solve them by using any of your favorite programming language in line with the "one-minute rule". This means, your algorithm implementation will allow a solution to be obtained on a modestly powered computer in less than one minute.

The “Project Euler” also comes with usual ingredients such as country level ranking, discussion forums, tips to build best algorithm (of course it’s hidden until you post your solution) and many more.

I have chosen interesting software which is not even in the list maintained by Euler Admin itself. Neither have I had any other choice as I know only s/w language since I started my career as IT professional. It is an interesting choice though…It is Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.

People who want to know more before kick-start this just check this link.


No comments: